Image cropping help

Hello everyone! Is there any method to crop images ? i am not talking about regular cropping of Rectangle box shape. I want to crop images with different shapes. just like- Adobe scanner uses.

Hi @Kvtechz Welcome
You can check Taifun's extension directory.

1 Like

I couldn't find any extension. Can u please help? If you find one, please share the link.

as far as I know, there are only extensions available, which can crop a rectangular shape

you could write your own extension and create the functionality yourself...

more information about how to create an extension see the App Inventor Extensions document

however that will be more advanced and will require some Java skills...

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

1 Like

Maybe this can help you :

https://puravidaapps.com/image.php

1 Like

it crops in rectangle shape only.

Thank you for replying, But, I am just a beginner. I haven't studied Java yet.

Try This :

As far as i read, this extension crops by defining height and width. ....

Hello,
I had the same doubt as I also needed something like this:

The image is captured by the user and I'm using the camera componen for that. Is there any way I can do this?

P.S. :arrow_right: I don't know Java, only Python and HTML I know.
Also I found this :arrow_right: StackOverflow

Maybe if someone can create an extension using the java code in that website?

Any help would be grateful. Thank you!

I did an image cropper using the canvas a while back...

1 Like

Thanks, I will try the cropping image option. But is the image captured by the camera saved in the SD CARD?

I'm taking the Permissions to read and write in external storage.

The guide was written before all the file location issues arose in Android 10 and 11 (application specific directory and permissions on sdcard). You may need to make adjustments depending on your android version.

1 Like

Hello,
The app you made is perfectly fine but is too complex for me to understand. If you could tell which blocks to use (as I just want to crop the image captured from camera component).

Also had a doubt if we can make a new folder through our apps in the phone where all the final files I generate are stored (independent folder)?

If I can find the time, i will have a look at creating an up to date image cropper, using the canvas and Taifun's Image extension.

do a search for Crop in the extensions directory
https://puravidaapps.com/extensions.php

try for example the
CropView Extension by Atom_Developer to crop Image View With Customizations

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Thank you! You helped me a lot and reduced my code.. But I have a problem- I don't have a Kodular community account (I do not want to make an account too) and can't download the extension of @Atom_Developer . Can you post it here?

Regards.

1 Like

Sorry, only the author of an extension is allowed to upload the extension into this community...
@Atom_Developer

Taifun

1 Like

Here is it :+1:
com.atomdeveloper.CropView.aix (75.0 KB)

1 Like

Thanks a lot