If/else Statement not working

I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently working on a project in App Inventor, and I'm facing some issues with my if/else statement. I've checked and rechecked my blocks, but for some reason, the logic doesn't seem to be working as expected.

Here's a brief overview of what I'm trying to achieve:

So when I initialize that screen, my buttons will read an state on my esp32. The request its actually working, but....
My if statement seems correct (or so I believe). Even though I receive a true or false response (I've printed it on a label and confirmed that the response is correct), it's not entering the correct branch; it always evaluates to false, or sometimes true.

I apologize if I broke any forum rules; I'm pretty new here.

I'm sure it is not the right statement you use. ResponseContent is not a boolean it is a text. Why don't you check for responseCode instead. If 200 Then ok.

No
If the server sends the text "true", then you have to compare with the text "true" and not the boolean true block... however usually you check the response code...

Taifun

NEVER MIND ITS WORKING. CHECKING THE CODE WAS THE SOLUTION. THANK GUYS! How do I close a thread?