Ideas for App Inventor 2 Anti-Awards

cierto gracias

1 Like

You're Welcome!

Could you please add a description to/methods of acquiring your award? A rare light bulb as in a brilliantly good answer? Please keep in mind anti-awards need to be a little pessimistic in nature; that's where the fun truly lies in. :wink:

2 Likes

las condiciones para el premio tener una idea rara en la cual nunca llegara acabo o nunca se pueda hacer, algo irreal que al averiguar la verdad de desilusiona.

3 Likes

Ah ok, thank you. A great one, really!

1 Like

FEB29

This is can awarded to the members who are extremely opposite of Regular, appears in community just like February 29. They can said to be regular but in different sense, frequency is close to ‘Zero’ but not zero just like mathematical Limits.

6 Likes

Crow

Users who always think shouting is way to solution of their problems.

9 Likes

The Hacker™ (pls dont sue me oracle) Award

This award is dedicated to those who post "solutions" consisting of faulty code that in no way should work; yet claims that it does for them.

9 Likes

Web Users Award

For those who create apps only with web viewer by copying the website and claiming that they have worked super-hard on the app

4 Likes

Box

The award goes to users who are unable to think outside the box, and who can only find problems, not solutions...

12 Likes

Although an amusing idea, isn't there already enough public shaming on the internet? A better strategy might be to have a quiet chat with the "offending" person explaining the problem. Keep the awards for positive stuff!

1 Like

My intention for introducing the anti-awards was to list things that people should not do in their projects, so they know to avoid disaster deep into their projects.

I have seen some confessions in this thread, but no naming of names yet.

Good mistakes should not go to waste.

We are all here to learn from our own mistakes and others' mistakes.

I have not seen any personal attributes referenced in this thread, and hope not to see such.

5 Likes

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate your intent and welcome your promise not to single out individuals. I would hope that any such posts are removed.

You used the Ignoble Prize as a model. The Ignoble Price is to someone specific, for something specific. (Wikipedia lists them all.) Following your analogy, I assumed that was what you were proposing, which in my opinion, might have the effect of preventing possibly interesting apps from ever reaching the Gallery.

Perhaps it would be more productive to put it in a list, "you're a ___ if ___" format.
For example: You're a "Wheedlie" if:
You write the "longest thread without any sign of effort to learn anything, but only to wheedle a Power User into writing their app for them."

Anyway, it's just a thought ...

2 Likes

Zombie Developers :zombie:

Zomies are half-alive and half-dead creatures.

This award goes to those extension developers who develops extensions that works on half android versions and half not !

Extension developer can be called as - Zombie Developer !!
Extension can be called as - Zombie Extension !!
:rofl:

5 Likes

The Cheetah Award

This award goes to those who are always in the hurry to receive answers for their problems in the community !

4 Likes

Isn't the last one german @Gordon_Lu ?? #off-topic

The Sheep Walk Award

For those who simply copy the extensions and apps made by others, and that too not by building them but just downloading the .aia file and adding it to the app inventor .

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

The "Sergio Pérez" Award

You may attain this award when your app breaks down unanticipatedly at the final stage, despite having run seamlessly before.
This award was inspired by the 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix, where Red Bull-Oracle Racing's driver Sergio Pérez's engine seized up on the final lap, causing him to retire.

6 Likes

That's because TIMAI2's a moderator. In this specific instance, he's edited your post to make it more legible.

3 Likes