I want to help in translating UI into my language - how to do this

I want to help in translating MIT App Inventor UI into Russian.

1. How to do this?

2. Will the app get my changes (translated strings) only in next release?

I notice new releases emerge once in a 6 months. The problem is I want to teach kids to the app creation and mostly of them dont know English. Some elements in UI have English names. How to speed up MIT App Inventor gathers updated translation not waiting for next release?

We do have a Russian translation, but it's very old. Features added in the last few years will still be in English, but basic functions should be available in Russian. I think what you're saying is that you would like to update the translation we have? That would be fantastic.

We don't have a fixed schedule for releases. If we have a translation ready for release and there is a need to release it early, we can work with that.

If you would like to update the translation, first create an account at https://weblate.appinventor.mit.edu

Then send me a message here at the community forum to let me know, and I will grant it permission to translate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.