I need to make an app which sends an message to the nearest pet shelter for help once it gets the command from the arduino

I want to learn how i can do that so i can save animals , which would benefit them as so many dogs and cats are dying because of accidents with automobiles and there is no one to help them . So i want to work on it and pls tell me how can i make it as i am not that good in programming. I it would be great help if someone tells me how can i do that.

Your dog has a cell phone?

1 Like

Welcome Avyan.

What an interesting idea. :wink:

You can use a WebViewer and type into the url block

nearest pet shelter near me.

This aia example works on an Android device. It might work on some emulators. A button finds all nearby pet shelters;;;

FindPetShelters.aia (3.3 KB)

This example will locate the nearest shelter provided you enable the device's gps. From the resulting map you probably can get a phone number for the shelter.

Once you have a number someone can call it on behalf of the pet.

thanks steve but i have to get the number automatically and send the message

no that is just for an app . their will be an collar in which their will be sensors and arduino present

So your plan is, to rescue only those dogs and cats who have an accident, who have a collar like that?

Start simple and use the example from @SteveJG as a start and as your knowledge of programming increases with the time, add more features

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Our Tutorials! to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Ok taifun and thnx and if you have more source codes for me pls feel free to give them to me and all suggestions are noted.