I need my app to receive bluetooth even if the phone is locked

My app need to receives bluetooth signal and process whether the phone is unlocked or locked. is there anyway to do that?

What do you want to happen after receiving the data?
Taifun

My app communicates with arduino through bluetooth, when arduino detects it fall it sends info to app and app will call emergency contacts in this case

As i know, apps in Mit App Inventor can't run in background, however you can change the app settings and make it run much more time, but this still doesn't fix that problem probably...

Does this work

1 Like

Yes

Guidelines for using Itoo

• First get your background functionality running in the foreground. Like this, you can find errors much easier. And as soon as you got it working in the foreground, then test it in the background.
  • Read the complete Itoo to leaarn how Itoo works and try the example projects, See also the battery checker tutorial and notification listener and itoo tutorial.
  • Do not use global variables while in the background, use local variables instead
  • Do not use any user-visible or UI components in the background
  • In the background, use the Itoo StoreProperty/FetchProperty methods rather than TinyDB. TinyDB relies on SharedPreferences which will not ensure data synchronization across background processes.

Taifun

3 Likes

thank you