I need help with creating a shuffling video player app

Hello everybody, I am working on an app that can pick random videos automatically and play it. I used the clock method for automatically starting the video player, but I don't want to bundle the videos inside my app as it would end up making the app's size very big. So, I used the ASD (application specific directory). I also don't want the app to depend on file names because I will have to update the app every time if I want it to play other videos.

You can Use firebase to store Them OR add new videos whitout updating your app.

I want an offline method, and I don't want to use firebase since I am building this app for a device I want to keep offline. I want the app to get the list of files from the Application Specific Directory. (The videos are added manually after that), then the app will choose from that list and play any random video from the list. But It won't play any "random video". I set the video player's source of 1 video and plays successful, then an error toast message comes up since the video player's complete event is supposed to pick a random video.

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Use the Taifun File extension. Select the appropriate directory. Use a block that returns a list of files in a directory. Then use a block of a random item from the list to play a random movie.
Another question is, how do you want to put the movies in other users' ASD directory? Will they be downloaded from the internet?

I tried that method but the player did not play anything at all. Thankfully, I fixed the issue just by trying different blocks. The app automatically plays videos from the ASD as I was expecting it to. However, the same video will sometimes play again as the order is random, but that is expected. And I am not releasing this app to the public. It is a personal app. The videos are digital mp4 files.

please provide your solution to the community, so others can learn from it.
Thank you

Taifun

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.