I’m making a 2D platformer (How do you make a Ball or Sprite 'jump'?)

Here is one way. Depending on your Canvas y , and screen resolution, this can happen slowly or fast as the Clock cycles the pixels.

1pixelAtATIme
, the ball jumps, reaches a y value at the top of the screen, then falls immediately. You can code it to do anything else you want:

• it can increment x at the same time it moves upward if you code it to.
  • look for a collision with a sprite and then do something dramatic randomly or at once.
  • randomly jump to the max or an intermediate position of the y axis
  • make it jump 'faster' by increasing the pixel increment from 1 to 2 or 3 etc.
  • use accelerometer to change the trajectory of the jump on the fly (or just add a button to increase x each time it is pressed.
  • etc.

I don’t think you know how much that helps, thank you so much

May I also ask what the moving the balls Y to 500 is doing, or would I make the number the bottom of the canvas where the player is on being 550?

It places the initial y value for the Ball. you could

How would I go about coding the player sprite to start going down after it hits Y = 450 without it canceling our with the “if TestSprite Y ≠ 450, Set TestSprite Y to TestSprite Y - 1” And also why is the Y axis inverted, I have to make the players Y go down to make him go up.

Because that is the way it is designed to work by the developers. :slight_smile: See Creating Animated Apps Figure 17-2 :cry:

Sorry, I do not know what you actually coded. If y = 450 then .. else if y =/ 450 then perhaps.

Keep a separate variable for the number you subtract from Y called deltaY (initially 1.)
To reverse direction, set that variable (call it deltaY) to negative(deltaY).

I’m sorry, I thought I attached the image

to go down, you need to ADD 1 to the sprite Y coordinate

Oh, I added a sprite that has no use and enabled it and put it in the “if” statements, or is there a better way than this

How would I go abound making a solid object on my test area for the player to jump on, and I also want another one the player can move but make them both solid objects

One way would be to place the 'solid' object as the background to the Canvas. Not really solid but the techniques in Creating Animated Apps can be used to make the pixels associated with the object behave like one. Additionally, you can check the pixel color of an area of the Canvas to determine whether a ball or a sprite attempts to land on or cross the boundary. A maze would be one application... have you checked the MIT Gallery for examples Find the Gold Maze App - Challenge Part

These examples may give you inspiration:

https://imagnity.com/android/flappy-copter-create-a-game-like-flappy-bird-from-scratch-using-app-inventor/

and

Do not understand.

It would be a box that the player can push

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.