How to set a fixed dimension for the pictures took with "camera" widget?

Dear appinventor2 lovers:

I've been developing an app to let pupils enrolled in a community for book-sharing and donation.

Then I was stuck in the doorway when I tried to add photo feature to the subscribers:
I can't handle the dimension of the picture took with "camera" widget in a right way.

The default way to layout the picture is "landscape" even I had set the orientation of screen to "portrait".

So when I took photos with the phone in portrait dimension, the photo I took was displayed in landscape dimension in the "image" control unit.

Finally I had no option but adding 2 buttons to adjust the dimension: "rotate anticlockwise" and "rotate clockwise" for the dimensions when you take photo with the front-camera and rear-camera would be a little different.

I can't imagine how the pupils fee when they try on the app.

It's hard to understand how it comes this way.

I really expect someone can help on this with a brilliant solution.

Attached is a simple test app for the purpose of demo only.

BR.camera_demo.aia (2.0 KB)

MIT indicates the camera app used to take the picture stores the rotation information in the EXIF data,
The camera object is not taking this into account when it is read using the Camera component.

The Camera component invokes the the underlying device Camera app. The Camera app that is used stores picture meta data (as mentioned by MIT) along with picture. The EXIF data includes such data as date/time, white-balance, picture rotation (e.g. landscape/portrait), etc. After a picture is taken, the pictures are all saved in a specific layout .

The Camera object doesn't read the exif data and just displays picture in the Camera app default layout. This is why on some devices it may look correct orientation, on other devices, the wrong orientation.

. Reports of users indicate the issue seems to affect Samsung devices more than others.

See https://groups.google.com/g/mitappinventortest/c/JOx7Jzw_rig/m/tu67OhGiEwAJ in the old forum.''

Sorry, as far as I can tell the only way to handle this is to use an extension to rotate the image to the 'desired' orientation or the work around you use.

Regards,
Steve