How to determine the index of an item in a list based on the click of a button

Hi everyone, I am trying to determine the index of an item when a selection is made through the click of a button. I am using is in list? thing block, the input (thing) is passed through a variable and then to a label to display the thing position, though the result is always false and I can’t figure out why since the thing is in the list employed in the block. Could anyone please give me some advice why this is happening?

Here are my blocks:

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here https://puravidaapps.com/learn.php
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Thank you very much, I did as you instructed and found out I was using an incorrect block and variable. My goal was to get the index of certain item but my approach was wrong. What I did to solve the problem is I created a new global variable, used the correct block index in list thing, then took a local variable yourAnswer since that contained what was recorded when a selection button was clicked et voila!! problem solved.

Thanks again!!! :blush:

Here are my blocks