How to delete an sms from phone

Hi every body,
could you please help me , i would like to know if there is a way to delete an sms from my smartphone after sending it from an application made with mit appinventor
Many thanks

The App Inventor Texting component copies everything it ‘receives’ to your device’s default texting app. Enter enter that app and manually delete those messages. To delete just do what you would do you as if you used the default texting app instead of App Inventor with the Texting component.

As far as I know there is no other way.

thak you very much for you answer Steve ,
but i would like to do this from my application ,after sending the sms, if possible.
Is there any command in mit appinventor to do that?
Sincerelly yours

Not using App Inventor. There is no other way other than manually deleting from the default sms app.

The Texting component uses the default sms app to provide the component’s capabilities.Texting ‘links’ to the system sms app. It cannot delete messages from the system sms app…

The professional Android Studio compiler (or something similar) possibly can be used to replace the default system sms app with one you code to provide the behavior you want . The ‘professional’ boards do not provide any satisfactory solution to deleting messages that use code to remove messages from the default Android sms app so this is not only an App Inventor issue.

This might work with Android Studio.

Be happy with what you can do. :slight_smile:

Ok, thank you very much

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.