How to Create Simple Dark Mode Using (New Logic)

Hi All, Today I will show you how to make a Dark Mode on your App that was made with Mit App Inventor.

The first step you have to do is create a project in the MIT app inventor, if you don't know how to create a project in the MIT app inventor you can see it here :

Okay, if you're done making the project, you can continue in the second stage.

In the second stage, create a screen1 like this with the components shown in the image :

And Block Like this on screen1 :

Okay, if you have finished the second stage, now we will go to the third stage.

In the third stage you have to make Screen2 first, after that create the Components as shown below :

And make the blocks like this on screen2 :

Aia Project :
NewDarkMode.aia (13.5 KB)

When you've finished creating the project, now you just need to build the app.

Project Results :

Thank you for reading this topic and happy learning. :grin: :+1:

10 Likes

I am looking for the "New Logic" - or is it just logic that is new to you ? :wink:

1 Like

Maybe that's a new logic for me, But in my opinion it is a very new logic. :rofl:

This is almost the same, but using the new dictionary blocks instead of variables.
It's in Kodular, but the blocks are standard ones present in App Inventor too.

Okay, I got it, Thanks @Italo for your info.
I made this tutorial because it has simpler logic and I hope beginners can understand it better.

One of the reasons for a Dark Mode is to preserve the battery life. This is why Apps that have a Dark Mode usually have a black background - pixels are off.

Awesome Guide , It Will help me in my new app , Thanks :+1:

You're welcome :innocent:

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, great tutorial, but is it possible to find the system default theme from the device and set it?
Ex: Device theme is dark-> app sets mode to dark.
I don't mean the app theme available in designer, I mean to change theme like you showed above

1 Like

With your logic, I was not only able to code dark mode in App Inventor, but also in C# !

Good Tutorial!

1 Like

I'm very happy to hear that :partying_face:
Thanks

1 Like