How to Create a Custom Color Theme App

Hi Everyone, Today I will show you how to create a custome color theme app, for your app at MIT App Inventor.

The first step you have to do is create a project in the MIT app inventor, if you don't know how to create a project in the MIT app inventor you can see it here :

Okay, if you're done making the project, you can continue in the second stage.

In the second stage, create a screen1 like this with the components shown in the image :

And Block Like this on screen1 :

Okay, if you've finished the second stage, now we will go to the third stage.

In the third stage you have to make Screen2 first, after that create the Components as shown below :

And make the blocks like this on screen2 :

Okay If you've finished the third stage, now we will go to the fourth stage.

In the fourth stage you have to make Screen3 first, after that create the Components as shown below :

And make the blocks like this on screen3 :

Aia Project :
MyCustomeColorThemes.aia (100.1 KB)

When you've finished creating the project, now you just need to build the app.

Project Results :

Thank you for reading this topic and happy learning. :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

Salman

Your example does not Switch Screens correctly. You must never use "Open Another Screen" to return to Screen1, it is already open. Your code will fill the memory with instances of Screen1 and crash the App. Besides, colour themes are a science unto themselves which require studying. See Pantone, www3 Schools etc.

We know you have good intentions but your recent Posts show you do not have enough experience yet to write tutorials. An App Inventor tutorial must consist of best practice methods throughout, otherwise we will quickly have hundreds, even thousands of Users applying the wrong methods in their Apps!

Please see my code correctly, because I open screen1 it won't fill the memory, because I use the method from Puravida App,
Please see this :

Thank you for the info

I'm sorry if I have a mistake, and I will learn more.

I'm confident in my project, because I've tried it about 27X, before I share it

You have not used that method correctly Salman. It's not even at all necessary in your code.

On Screen1 Button1 is correct; ButtonSetColour should use the same method as Button1.

On Screens 2 and 3, return the User to Screen1 with a simple 'close screen'

If using the tribblehunter method, you should advise in your first post that screen switching will NOT work in companion mode, the app would need to be compiled for it to work. Another reason why using this method for tutorials and guides is not such a good thing.

Ooo, I got it, I'm sure you haven't tried my project, because my project has 3 screens and when (Screen3) saves data to tinydb, it can't be saved when I use 'close screen' to (screen1), so I open a new (screen1).

You can understand if you have tried the project @TIMAI2

yes I know that problem, but it won't be there when you build the app.

You can save to TinyDB and close Screen via a Procedure.

When an App requires bi-direction Screen Switching, the most robust solution is to use Virtual Screens.

What do you mean?

Yes, I know about that but if I use virtual screen then my project looks not good enough to me and I think it's not neat

That would mean the App works as you wanted it to, but that does not mean the code is suitable for a tutorial.

Why do you think the code doesn't suitable for a tutorial?

I believe my code is correct because I've studied several tutorials for it, and I'm sorry if I'm wrong, I just hope to get support from you and others. Thank you

As I already said Salman:

An App Inventor tutorial must consist of best practice methods throughout

Thank you Mr.@Chrisward, I'll try my best :pray: