How to add individual columns to a list after importing data as CSV table from Google sheets?

Hello, I'm a beginner in app inventor and I am having some trouble with CSV table from imported Google sheets.

I have an excel file which has 20 rows and 3 columns. What I want to do is create 3 lists with 20 indexes that store the 20 elements from the corresponding columns. Is there a way to do this? I have searched many places but I am not able to find anything of help.

I have tried importing the sheet with web component and then store the data as "list from CSV table".

Thankyou

Can you show me your blocks till now? I need to see how you got the sheet data.

just read the file using the file component and convert the csv table into a list of lists using the list from csv table block

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

1 Like

The attached transpose function will turn rows into columns, and columns into rows.

test_result Transpose.aia (2.3 KB)

4 Likes

Hello thanks for the reply, I want to be able to update the data on the go so I don't think using file component will be viable.
This is sample from my spreadsheet data:
Spreadsheet
What I want to actually achieve is create 3 lists of names, employee number and designation which contains only the corresponding elements from the sheet.

These are the basic blocks I set up:
blocks

I am able to import the spreadsheet into the app but unsure about how to create those 3 lists!

1 Like

Hello thank you so much for this. This however was not my particular query but I think this would be useful in an other part of my project. :slight_smile:

an answer can only be as good as the question...
you might want to take a look at the spreadsheet solutions then to update your spreadsheet...

Taifun

1 Like

Do your updates need to be propagated back to the originating sheet, or is this just for your phone?