How do you test an app in iPad?

I am creating apps in ipad using MIT App inventor website. I tried to test my app in same ipad using App inventor downloaded from App store. I entered the code shown by AI companion. But the app is not loading. Is it possible to test in the same ipad?

Create a new app with only 1 Button - no blocks - and try to connect with Companion on your iOS test device. Does it work? I think so.

If so, post the blocks (and the aia) that don't work.

Thank you for the response. I have tried that. I am able to test the app on other device using qr code scanning and entering the code. But i am not able to test the app on the same ipad which am doing the coding.

I would never think of creating an app on a mobile device (iPad).
My 32 inch screen is already too small for me. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, this is possible and I have often used this for demos. You need to have both Safari and the companion app open. I typically use the 3:1 split screen ratio for this. Use the Connect > AI Companion menu to get the 6 character code and then type the code into the companion app and click "connect with code." This will initiate the connection and load your project into the companion app.

2 Likes

Thank you. This is working :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.