How do you take photo handsfree?

I am making an app that will take a photo of a room and identify if it is tidy or messy. We want it to be programmed to take a photo every 2 hours, without user input. Do you know how I could do this? I am using the machine learning for kids extension

Try this extension: App Inventor Extensions: Camera | Pura Vida Apps

Thanks...I will

It looks great, but is there anything similar but free out there?

Sorry, to take pictures programmatixally unfortunately not

But what about learning to create extensions yourself? And then after spending hours or days or even weeks to create the extension then finally provide it for free to the world. .

more information about how to create an extension see the App Inventor Extensions document
however that will be more advanced and will require some Java skills...

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

1 Like

You can use the ProCam extension and a clock

1 Like

umm.... U can even add voice detection like if the user says "click" then it takes the image by procam
and speech to text

Is that a question or a statement ?

Possibly:

This is me on a different account,
I have already tried using the Pro camera extension. The only problem is that it crashes. I have tried and can't find a way around it.

Did you ask for Camera Permission ?

Sorry, I am a newbie with this extension.
How do I ask for permission?

The best way to learn about an extension is to read the main topic.
And the second best way is to search in the community.

This happens when I try. No clue what it means!

Looks like you are trying to set the Screen as a component? Use a vertical arrangement.

Some example blocks:

I also use a File component and a Clock component

Ok...
That seems to make it work but how would I set a timer to it?
As well how do I then save the image that I take the photo to classify it latter?

See the blocks below:

• Drag out a clock component from the Sensors palette
  • The timer interval is set to 2 hours (7200000 millis) - you may want to reduce this to, say, 120000 (2 minutes) for testing....
  • The clock does not fire immediately, you will have to wait the two hours, use the button event to take a picture.

The images are all stored in the ASD in a directory called Procam. The images are saved with a millisecond timestamp in the filename. Access these images from there to upload to your classifier.

Probably it was a statement. Sorry for the miscommunication