How do you make an AI2 app to a PC app?

I'm trying to make my app to run on a PC. I know that it is possible by an emulator, but I want the emulator run only my app and closes itself when my app closes.

And I want to remove the window border of the emulator where the window controls like Maximize, Minimize, Close buttons are located. I can try programming my own emulator to suit my needs, but unfortunately I'm not smart enough to do that.

More info

Obviously, you can't expect some kind of amazing 3D PC game from a 12 year old, right?

Any solutions will be appreciated, thanks.

You probably need to rewrite the app from scratch with a traditional programming language like Java and a GUI framework such as JavaFx...

I have never heard any app that could do what you want...

I believe there was nother topic that talked about something similar:
https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/search?q=pc%20app

Thats what ChatGPT told me when I asked the same question.

Well it did tell me that BlueStacks can work like that except it has window border controls.

Well nobody knows a solution other than to rewrite the app from scratch so....:person_shrugging:

The end user has to install BlueStacks for that before they can use your app, plus not all computers (Especially mine; I use an 11y/o laptop that already runs like....garbage, even I am using that right now to write this post; it was quite powerful for its time though) can run BlueStacks well...

You might not always get the app right in the final port...

I don't know how to do that either but this is what I want exactly.

Plus I don't think some people would want to use an emulator...[like me; I hate emulators]
Let's see what others have to say...

If there is any emulator that can do what you want, please let us know, as that will be a great resource!

I could be wrong...so I apologize beforehand.

2 Likes

You can't run App Inventor apk's on a PC natively (without an emulator). If you have Win11, supposedly you can run the apk directly

You want a miracle? Delphi Community Edition is a free, limited commercial-use compiler that allows you to develop Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS applications with a single codebase. Perhaps that is what you expect. You cannot do that with App Inventor made apps other than refactoring your app using a compiler designed to run exe files.

1 Like

MS removed that feature in a new update...which is the whole reason I downgraded to Windows 10 at one point...

There is no compiler to do that right now...:grin:

I will make some tutorials on how to port simple apps made with AI2 to PC...

1 Like