How do you get rid of "Advertising ID"?

when upload apk to Google play, it warns about "Advertising ID".

There are 2 steps that you have to follow to solve this problem.

1. add com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID permission in the manifest file.
  2. Go to your Google Play Console select the app which you are trying to upload then on the left side go to Policy -> App content in there fill the Advertising ID form

should I unpack the apk file, add com.google.android.gms.permission.AD_ID at the bottom of the file META-INF\MANIFEST.MF ??

How can I do it easily?

are you using an ads extension? which one? ask the developer of that extension what needs to be done...
Taifun

yes, I use the sidebar extension from the link below, there is no ads (i think). Let me ask the developer.

See the answer here

It seems that Google play has pushed this policy to all developers, and it will be a must for every application in the future.

If you are not using ads, you can choose NO.

Update

If you haven't encountered the popup selection and got this warning while uploading an app to the store, follow these steps in case you are not using AdID:

Go to App Content -> Advertising Id -> Does your app use advertising ID? -> NO -> Save

Taifun

Thank very much , it helps :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.