How do you determine no background color?

I am trying to determine a background colour for a text box in order to run a 'flash' routine to attract attention. Using if blocks, how do I ask if the background has no background colour?
flash {
txtbox.bg colour = if bg color is [blank]
then [red]
else [blank]
}

cheers

Set colour to: 16777215

cheers Tim. : )

Also

I typically have, at least in this case, no background in my text boxes. I find it a little cleaner. In this case I want to flash the background to attract attention, alternate background and text colour, blue on blank... white on blue... blue on blank... etc until attention is satisfied, then background goes to blank and text returns to blue
If at design time i set the bgcolour to none and text colour to blue, does that become the default at run time?

Why not try it and see what happens?

t'will do, mate

While you are here, when checking the length in an item from a list, should it be a number comparison, logic or text comparison...

I would have thought text compare, but none of the afore mentioned will pick a one worded 'compound' from the list. I am trying to make a correction routine to eliminate accidental 'single word' additions to a list of compound words.

After the routines has run... nothing has changed....

(Excuse the funny words.... english accent with google voice rec...?? misspelled words are mine.)

For your test, use split at spaces, then check if the list length = 1

From your food list, I see a few items with 3 words:

• hot dog buns
  • caffeine free coffee

So counting words won't help.

I recommend keeping a whitelist of all recognized foods, and using the IS IN LIST list block to validate (turkey sausages coffee?)

:question:

So if I understand correctly, if I have an item in the grocery list, eg; 'cheese' amongst many other items such as "sausage rolls", "custard powder", "frozen peas", can I not examine each [item] in the array and count the words within it even if using split item at spaces?
Or I should be using split at spaces, thereby making a list from the item and then checking the length of the list called 'item's...:crazy_face:

Here is a simple example:

The remove item is an example of "doing something" with a "one word list item"

Ha aha, yes, I saw from the last post that I was incorrectly examining an item from a list by checking the length, not the list that all its components may have made...
the solution almost poked me in the eye...

by the way Tim, if you set the background colour of a control to, say red, during design time, and change that colour to [0] or [1] during run time, it will go to the default colour of the control, not the colour to which one set at design time.