How do you deal with NEXT button in "AnyButton"-component?

When the AnyButton-component deals with, e.g. button1, a decision is made whether this button1 gets a specific letter or not. If yes, the next button2, which is not being dealt with yet, gets another specific letter already.
So when the AnyButton-component goes to the following button, in this case, button2, it sees it already has a letter and skips it.

How can the AnyButton-component access the NEXT button, while it still deals with the button before?

You appear to have worked out all the logic...this should check the NEXT button to see if it contains a character / specific character?

Do you mean this?

How do I get the letter on button2 while it is still dealing with button1?

Do you want, when setting the letter on button1, to also set the letter on button2 ?

(what then happens when you move on to button3...?)

Somewhat, yes.
I'm working on a word search game. A randomly chosen word will be written randomly on a grid of buttons.
It goes through with the AnyButton component. In the beginning, all buttons are empty. It is randomly chosen whether a word will start on a button or not. If yes, it will write the first letter of the button.

This is what I want to do:

Then, the second letter should go on the next button already, and the third one on the button after, and so on. When the AnyButton component reaches the next button, there is already a letter, and it will skip it because there is no need to deal with it.

I'm working on a word search game. A randomly chosen word will be written randomly on a grid of buttons.
It goes through with the AnyButton component. In the beginning, all buttons are empty. It is randomly chosen whether a word will start on a button or not. If yes, it will write the first letter of the button.

This is what I want to do:

Then, the second letter should go on the next button already, and the third one on the button after, and so on, until the last letter is reached. When the AnyButton component reaches the next button, there is already a letter, and it will skip it because there is no need to deal with it.

This is what I already have:

1 Like

OK. I assume it's NOT possible to access the Next Button. So I solved the problem with variables that contain the next letters of the word, and before writing any letter on a button, those variables have to be checked accordingly.