How do I open CSV file stored in my asd folder?

I have a sensor giving input to my app via bluetooth from esp32. Those sensor values are being stored in a CSV file. How can I access the values of sensor being stored in the CSV file.

Example scenario
When I am recieving the data from sensor and I want to check on the go in real time what data is being stored in the CSV. With the help of a button I want to open the file and read from it while the data is still being stored in it.

Can anyone help how can I go along with this task?

Use the File component to open a csv file stored in your ASD.

It won't update as more data is added (unless you programmatically keep opening it and reading it), you would need to take a different approach for that, and output the incoming values to a label / or similar

Hi thanks for the reply,

I did try that it shows blank white screen. And nothing else.

Show your relevant blocks

Screen -1

Screen - 2

Screen - 3

You are burying your file in a deeply nested path that is unnecessary

Just use this for your path

Keep things simple to begin with, try to open your file on the same screen, when this works, develop onwards....

Thanks for the reply

I did try the simple way but nothing happened .

What can I do differently from the above approach to establish the same task?

You do not show how you are saving the file in the first place ?

"How do I open CSV file stored in my asd folder?"

It should read, how do I read a CSV file in my ASD folder?
By reading it with FileScope=App with the File component and just specifying the filename there.

Note: The File component does not use an absolute or full path, but only the file name for the ASD and otherwise a relative path (for FileScope=Legacy or Shared).

thanks for the correction.

did tried the method but it still doesn't work

i want to select the csv files from the list and want to open and read it in the screen 2.

so far i have reached to this but in second screen there is no display.

Screen 1

screen 2

using the file block i am appending it in csv file.

Show all relevant blocks.

"Do it" on this block and post the result:

grafik

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

I know this is not an App Inventor solution, but this App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.kai_morich.serial_bluetooth_terminal works well. Displays latest data and also logs it to a file.