How do i make a sign up function

Hello,
I'm new to MIT app inventor, and i haven't figured stuff out yet. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with these blocks? I saw some people making spreadsheets, but I don't quite understand how to do that. Please explain what to do to make it work simply.

Thank you!!

(Canned Reply: ABG- Export & Upload .aia)
Export your .aia file and upload it here.

export_and_upload_aia

This app is experimental only, and i'm doing this for future projects. I really want to improve so thank you for replying. I hope i did this right.

fun.aia (6.5 KB)

You already have more than one TinyDB1 tag. In this case, it's retrieving data from the "bucket_list" tag, instead of the "switchScreens".
I've updated your project with if-else statements (to make the code more readable), and the username and password now all save to a definite tag (named "us_p"), so you know which tag it's reading from. This should eliminate the problem of having multiple tags in your TinyDB.
If you still want to use the username as a tag, you need to store that in a separate TinyDB tag, and then use it while retrieving the password.
fun.aia (5.9 KB)

Thank you soo much! :blush:

But whenever i input the password and username after registering the account "Run time error. The operation select list item cannot accept the arguments:" pops up. I test the app on my android phone, with the app "MIT AI2 Companion" downloaded. Do you know what's wrong with it?

Sorry, I forgot to fix part of the code.
Try this:
fun1.aia (5.9 KB)

Thank you so so much! You helped me a lot! :smile::sunny:

1 Like