How do I create multiple language app?

your blocks are unreadable

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Or this using Yandex translate

Requires internet connection
Designer-

It is not compulsory that it should give the correct translation.

1 Like

Here are the blocks and build design.
This is what I am using for the first screen. I am trying to understand how I get my second screen to be converted as well as the remaining screens in the app.

Hi!
I hope someone can help me with a "technical" doubt concerning this topic.
I'm developing an app in which the user can select different languages in a settings section.
For now, I started using the method that MauMau explained here to specify the text for each language:

But I also found on other post the idea of previosly making a file which already has the text for each language in lists pretty similar to the method with dictionaries.

So, my doubt is, in terms of app and memory optimization which of the two methods could be better?

Thanks

Dictionaries are easy to use but take up a lot of memory in terms of RAM. I think it's better to have a file. It will takes some ROM but it will reduce memory issues, crashes and stuff like that.

Thanks Mayank,

I'll make a file for it then.

Ho sbagliato forum scusate.

Can you translate all of the texts and labels on a screen?

Yes to labels and Buttons etc, see Multi-Language App - #2 by SteveJG

texts ???

Could I do it with more than 2 languages?

Yes. You need a List of words for each language your app will know if you follow the example using lists. You can do something similar using Dictionaries (see How do I create multiple language app? - #14 by MauMau ).

or

for English, German, Spanish. Add these Blocks to the List example plus three Buttons (7,8,9) to use a Dictionary as part of the same example.

I created a nice guide for translating the application in an efficient and dynamic way, here it is: How to effectively translate your app - Guides - Kodular Community

Do you want the same code to be used for all the screens?

Once the language is selected, the desire is for the remaining screens to then be translated to the selected language.

How do I get the block for set Label.Text of component? I don’t see it in any of the options.

You can get it in either of two ways.

• Take a block that sets one particular Label.Text, right click it, and make it generic
  • pull it out of the Any Label blocks pallette.

When I use the Yandex translation I get these error messages. I copied the blocks as provided. Even storing the language selected in a TinyDB. How do I get the translation to come through correctly? I have attached my blocks and the error message I am receiving.

I was able to figure out how to get the first screen to translate. Thanks all for the help! Now that I have the blocks to do the translation, how do I use TinyDB to pass the variable to other screens to do the translation upon initialization? Here are my blocks for the first page translation and what the screen looks like in designer mode

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I was looking for. Works great!