How do I create an exit app button?

I use TinyDB in my app. I create the exit button and it's actually working, but after interacting with TinyDB, the exit button returns to the screen where I last interacted with TinyDB.

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

make sure to switch screens correctly

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

1 Like

Does this work?
Blocks

This is screenshot with exit button
blocks

and it's a screenshot with TinyDB code, the exit button returns me to the screen where I last use TinyDB(example on the image)

The problem is not TinyDB.
Did you close the previous screen?

For example, I used the screens and I got tired, I pressed the "Menu" button and in the menu I pressed the "Exit" button of the application, then it does not close, but returns me to the screen where I last interacted with TinyDB.

Did you follow @Taifun's link?

You are not switching screens correctly. You probably just open them and not close them. There are many instances of screens and therefore there are problems. Put all the blocks here or export the project to a .aia file and put it here, then someone will help.

which means, you do not switch screens correctly...

The recommended method of switching screens in App Inventor

Taifun

Thank you all. I was actually switching between screens incorrectly. This link solved my problem :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.