How do I create a list of tags in firebase?

It's just a test game really for my family and friends so I don't think it will be more than 10 but I thought you can just make it so it goes infinite in some easy way. And I want this data so that people can trade, and I made a thing so that when you type players nick it then shows this person a lavel saying new trade from and the person who sent it. idk if it will be broke now since you showed me a way better way of how to do it

I'll work on up to 99 users for now

Okay, thank you.

You are going to need an extension in order to sort the list coming back from Firebase

ListUtils compliant link Thanks @Taifun and @RudraFromIndia on Kodular

The problems with the original example were that the use of dictionary blocks returned a JSON. JSON has its own special way of not necessarily sorting things:

Also because the Users 0-9 had no leading zero, when you get to User10, this then comes after User1

I have added a leading zero routine to handle numbers below 10, and the listUtils extnesion then sorts the JSON list, producing this in Firebase as you add users:

and here are the blocks

Thank you so much ill test it out now.

Thank you so much it works perfectly now :smiley: 1 last question, is it necessary to put in "" and "" at the end or can it just be the nick?

You have a choice for the name test, either leave as it is, or use text a replacement block to remove the quotes

Okay, thanks. Now I want to add trading and my old method is broken, so which part of the code do I have to copy to that screen so that it would search the list for users and if it finds the user then it does something?

1 Like

Dang, you guys have gotten complex... lol. :laughing: I'm still lost.

1. You want a list of the users ? (we have already done this)
  2. You want to select a User? (add the users to a list, then add that list to a listview)
  3. You then want to do something with that user? (after selecting, then what ?)
1 Like

@TIMAI2
I need your help again, I can't pm you so I'm asking it here.
What am I doing wrong?

firebase:

Oops, sorry. It all was cause of a little spelling mistake.

@Niu I followed your blocks. The problem of mine is only the username I've input showed but not the password in my database. Can you help? thankyou @Niu @TIMAI2
yarikoa

If you use the Firebase component, you would have to add each tag with a separate storeValue call to Firebase. The alternative is to set all the data in a list for your user tag. If you use the web component, and the appropriate code/format, you can send a complete set of subtags in one go.

My plan was to create a login and sign-up system, where I could view in firebase who signed up and their details (course, age, height, etc.) in list. Problem of mine is only the username I've input showed but not the password (ex.). Could you show me the alternative that you mention. Im less knowledgeable in web compliant for coding. It would be a great help for capstone project. Thankyou @TIMAI2