How do I change the main screen to another one?

I am a student and I am starting here, could you help me. I want the main screen (where it puts the App Name, version, etc...) to be changed and another of my screens be the main one. Thanks for help me. :smile:

Hello Steven,

The main screen (by default) is Screen1. When the user opens an app, by default, the first screen that will be displayed is Screen1. App Inventor does not offer an option to directly change it in the Builder.

It is technically possible to set the main screen to another screen by decompiling the AIA file. I found a YouTube video (likely by @Hossein) of a step-by-step guide on changing the main screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvSiD-iA17Y. However, this might be a bit tricky, and resulted in some corrupted projects before (I can't find them somehow). If you don't want to do it youself, you can upload your project here and I can have a look and try.

(Canned Reply: ABG- Export & Upload .aia)
Export your .aia file and upload it here.
export_and_upload_aia

You can also try copying and pasting screens around. Again this may result in a corrupted project if you have too many components. You can make a copy of the project (Projects > Save As), then try it on the copy.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hello @Gordon_Lu, I really appreciate your help, it was very useful to me, sorry for the delay in responding. Again, I appreciate your help, thank you very much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.