I didn’t know much about it so my questions is

• Is it possible to deploy it on hosting like GoDaddy hosting

• If possible then how

• Else where can I deploy it

• And why it matters that what I used in cloud sdk or app engine sdk
    Thanks in advance

EDIT1
I have an question related to this topic so so the question is
gcloud app deploy --project=<PROJECT-ID> --version=1 \ appengine/build/appengine-web.xml
From where should I run the command I maen from my PC or from appspot dashboard and if from PC then on which location

Note that I tried below thing
I have run command from my PC from appinventor-sources/appinventor and it says no appengine-web.xml file found

Again the same advise. Read the documentation.

3 Likes

I can’t find my answers there so can you please tell where the exact documentation found
Thanks sir for reply

1 Like

This guide takes you thru how to deploy your own App Inventor instance. Remember that App Inventor has been existing for over ten years already, with that a lot of material has been created for users and developers. These materials can be found by searching in Google, or any other search engine for that matter.

I personally can't answer your question the best, as I am also new to these technologies. But after googling your question this was the first result that popped up and should answer your question.

4 Likes

Adding to what @bartmathijssen said, the App Engine SDK has been deprecated and Google now ships the App Engine with the Cloud SDK.

Some information I found about Google App Engine and why App Inventor runs best on it:

(Ref: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hIvAtbNx-eiIJcTA2LLPQOawctiGIpnnt0AvfgnKBok/pub)

How to build App Inventor from the MIT sources

The information is all out there, it's just a matter of looking for it. (It's not that hard either, considering I found these docs in the App Inventor repository readme)

4 Likes

Can someone confirm that the guides that are included in the above links apply to support for iOS apps as well or not.
And basically will an instance of the AI2 server support both Android and iOS apps?

The iOS version of the companion is not yet open source. However, the production AI2 server and the master branch generate YAIL (App Inventor’s intermediate language), which both companions interpret to draw the UI and provide the app’s logic. We don’t yet have docs for the iOS version because we are still building it.

1 Like

@ewpatton is hosting and appspot is two different things I mean can I deploy app inventor on aws

Not easily. AFAIK, some people have done this by writing an authentication wrapper around the Google App Engine dev server, but officially the repo only provides instructions to deploy to App Engine (which is where ai2.appinventor.mit.edu lives).

I have an question related to this topic so so the question is
gcloud app deploy --project=<PROJECT-ID> --version=1 \ appengine/build/appengine-web.xml
From where should I run the command I maen from my PC or from appspot dashboard and if from PC then on which location

Note that I tried below thing
I have run command from my PC from appinventor-sources/appinventor and it says no appengine-web.xml file found

You run the command from your PC. The command I gave assumes that the gcloud utility is on your PATH and that you are running it from within the appinventor directory in the repository after having successfully run ant.

And what about it

Then your ant compilation likely didn’t finish successfully. The file will appear at the given location when the appengine portion of the code base is built.

@ewpatton it is successful see screenshot but still there is no file but but when I searched for file I found that the file with same name exist in appengine/war/web-inf

If you need to give the full path to appengine-web.xml, you will need to specify appengine/build/war/WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml.

@ewpatton is this ok that file is being

appengine/build/war/WEB-INF/appengine-web.xml
Here and not directly in build folder

Can anyone have a look