How can I create data storage using clock component and display it in a table using calendar?

It is important to separate the storage organization of data from its organization on a display.

The storage component only needs to keep the data accessible and addressable for use by the display components, and should not meddle with display considerations.

In my pantry, I don't keep flavored ground coffee. I leave that job to breakfast add-ons, which I add to the black coffee in my cup.

Here it is:
Nadi_10.aia (791.1 KB)

...and thanks for answers

I have some concept reading for you.

This is important for dealing with the added complexity of managing multiple views of the same data, which is what you are getting into now that you want to add Level2 data to your app and want to manage the complexity better.

Though you probably won't be using SQL in your app, you should learn some of the ideas and terminology of SQL, namely Tables and Views, and the difference between them.

SQL Tables and Views Introduction

Don't dive deep, just inhale the aroma of a few of the posts.

Ok, I got the concept.
It's about organizing data in virtual tables already in the database and then calling them for viewing, isn't it?

I wanted to point out two things.
My data is organized more like a list. Right now I don't see the need to group data into columns. I need to manage just rows (and not a single data in the row).
Also, I still have to add 30 or 40 rows to my table, but I will do it as the last thing because my Companion is very slow to load the project and update it after every change (especially in the "Design" section) and it often crashes.

So how can SQL be useful to me?

SQL won't help you as a tool, because there is no native support for it in AI2.
In suggesting you look at it, I was suggesting you learn that your data presentation does not have to exactly match your data storage organization.

I apologize if you learned something unnecessarily.

The Designer and Companion should not be used together once you pass the start of a small Project. Disconnect and reconnect after you are done with the Designer.

I do not recommend that and can't support that.
I posted an example of using a small self-scrolling display window in my Go Scroll Yourself demo, but you stripped out the scrolling part and added more display rows yourself.

I cannot support what you want.

...so, did you see any blocks to improve in my .aia?
Did you also have a slow loading of my project?

Now I would like to fix the last part of TinyDB data management: exporting and clearing data.

...but I'm already hearing Spicy's thoughts, so I'm going to cover it in the separate topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

So the last part of managing data was fixed in: Fixing exporting and clearing my TinyDB data
Thanks to the support of whole App Inventor community, the storing, displaying and clearing data is created now.

I enjoyed a lot assembling the blocks and seeing how everything emerged step by step.
I tested the app and for now everything seems great :slight_smile:

These are related blocks:

I hope to build the app in iOS soon :slight_smile:

......... :cherry_blossom: Thank You All! :cherry_blossom: ............

from the blocks i see too much "make a list" blocks.
maybe next time you can try create the component dynamicly.

Hi Kevin :slight_smile:
what would you suggest?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.