How can I connect an Android app made with MIT App Inventor to a drone via WiFi?

Hi everyone! I want to build an app to control the drone that can connect to WiFi :signal_strength:, but I'm unsure about the hardware requirements for establishing this connection. Additionally, I need guidance on how to design app controls :iphone: and integrate Google Maps :world_map: into it. Any tips or advice on these topics would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Check the documentation of your drone to find out, if there is a RESTful API available
If yes, you can use the web component to connect

Taifun

I'm new starter. I watch the blow link tutorial video

but my app show an error .
Error 4003: routing service failed with status 404 not found
I need this google map API for my Drone control APP. could someone help me out with fixing this error?

Your video is 12 years old and still uses App Inventor Classic, which is not available anymore

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Our Tutorials! to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

1 Like