How can I add a Japanese translation to AppInventor?

I want to add a Japanese translation to AppInventor.
When I searched for a way to add translations, the “Help Translate App Inventor” page appeared, but it looked old.

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1v_Sy9u1Da4pmVo1KGR0691kq_AweZjguTJMI0nJA0eQ/pub

How can I add a Japanese translation to AppInventor?

4 Likes

Thanks for your interest!

I’m completely unfamiliar with the process but it does appear that the link you provided needs some updating.

Did you try emailing localize-app-inventor@mit.edu ?

1 Like

@Susan_Lane is the developer in charge of translations. We’ve been using Google Translate Toolkit, but it is being shut down on Dec 3rd. We have a new process in development and we can reach out to you once it is ready.

4 Likes

@Katsumi_Honda

Thanks for your interest! We really want a Japanese translation. As Evan said, this is an awkward time for new translations right now. I hope to be able to get back to you with a new process, but realistically it will be weeks at the earliest.

8 Likes

I also want to help translate (I want to translate Hebrew)

1 Like

Great. Both of you can send me a private message so that I’ll know to contact you when we’re ready.

4 Likes

@ewpatton @Susan_Lane

Thank you for your replay.
I wait until then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Global variable translations bug

Any progress?

You can translate from here:

1 Like

Yes, the system is set up. The conversations were just continued privately.

If you would like to participate in a translation, create a weblate account and send me a private message on this forum so that I can make sure you have proper permissions.

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve just finished translating Blockly Messages JSON and NoProjectDialog to Hebrew
When can you add the translation to the site?

@Point Susan is on vacation until next week.

If you can, you may want to also start on OdeMessages, as it’s the bulk of the translation. Blockly Messages only handles strings in the blocks editor and the no project dialog is just the dialog that shows for new users when they have no projects. Most of the UI is in OdeMessages.

1 Like

OdeMessages has a lot to translate, I’m not sure I can translate all of that alone, I’ll try to do what I can

Understood. We’ll see what we can do about finding some help.

1 Like

I also wanted to translate AppInventor to Nepali language..
I've made weblate account ...How would I continue?

Contacting me is the way to continue, so you did the right thing :smile:

I have granted you access to translate. I have created a video tutorial on how to use the weblate system, which you can view here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFwTn32MrBw

Thankyou @Susan_Lane .

1 Like