Help with Textbox ( How to allow only one non-numeric character entered at a time )

Hello I am currently trying to create a simple game and I am having trouble allowing the user to only be able to input one string character into my textbox. For example, the game I am creating you have to guess the letters of my word but I want the textbox to only accept one string character and no numbers, but I am having a difficult time trying to accomplish this. would someone be able to give me any tips or help on how to achieve this. I appreciate the help and thank you in advance.

Check out this extension:

I really appreciate the extension however would there be another way to program this? even it if takes longer?

1 Like

@Choppa_Stylez

Try this

Regards,
Steve

I am having trouble still…i was looking at all of the definitions of the text blocks i have available and the only other one that stood out was trim? but i tried different ways of applying this and nothing…Capture

Create your own keyboard. I did a game like that (Hangman).
You may think it’s a lot of work, but if you use the generic blocks, it’s a lot easier, and you don’t have to deal with the system keyboard anymore. Also you can disable the letters already entered, and a lot of things that are not possible if you use the default keyboard.

Another textbox extension from PuraVidaApps

1 Like

I had seen a code for hangman, but it wasn’t what I wanted to do, but I took your advise with the keyboard option and ended up changing a few things and now Im satisfied with the result. Thanks for the all of the help.

2 Likes