Help with Make/Take Quiz Apps

3 posts were split to a new topic: How do I verify quicker?

Is the issue coming from my blocks of code within the MakeQuiz app or TakeQuiz? The only difference in the blocks of code versus the textbook is attached in these screenshots and is from the MakeQuiz portion. I am not sure how else to make it work.
Textbook

1 Like

I still haven’t figured it out and have been working at for some time now. Can you please help me solve the solution? I’m trying to learn from the textbook and my blocks of code match what the textbook has.

To debug this code, you must make it expect the unexpected, and it must check for the impossible and report it to you via the Notifier component.

Use the block that has an OK button to get a chance to read the error message.

Things to report:

TinyWebDB results not a list

TinyWebDB results empty

TinyWebDB tag not 'questions' but also not 'answers'

P.S. After you have done all this and if still stumped, use the Companion Do It to show us your global variables.

You have just confused me even more so.

Do you know the difference between tag and value?
Now look again at the last screenshot... @ABG marked it with a black arrow...
Can you see your error now?

Taifun

1 Like

Oh goodness, I cannot believe I overlooked that all this time. My apologies.
How would I implement blocks of code to allow the quiz 'maker' to delete items from the questions and answers and letting the user choose a question using the ListPicker component, and they can remove an item with the remove list item block. Since it is a shared server, I keep getting random questions uploaded into my quiz.

You might want to use your own server

Taifun

Are you able to help and demonstrate how I could use the ListPicker component to choose a question and remove an item with the remove list item block, removing from both lists and updating the database?

What have you tried? Show us a screenshot of your relevant blocks

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Our Tutorials! to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Screenshot 2024-04-11 145227
Have not tried much yet. It was just one of the modifications the textbook recommended so I was wondering if someone could show me how it is done.

Was Chapter 19 of no help to you ?

Maybe you should use your own tags, like NewKidQuestions and KewKidAnswers ?

No, Ch. 19 is outdated and does not discuss anything with implementing ListPicker with TinyWebDB.

I think that is a good recommendation, but I am still curious as to how you would fulfill the objective recommended by the textbook.

For a sample app with removal from a list, see

I was able to figure it out.

Great
but that is not an answer to mark as solution
please provide a screenshot of your solution here to help others with the same question in future

Taifun

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.