Help with an application where every day a text appears

hello everyone :grinning:
I wanted to create an application where. Every day a text appears (there are 5 in total) I don't know how to start
Can anybody help me? :slightly_frowning_face:
thank you😗

Do you mean you have 5 texts, and every day a random one of them will appear?
You can use 'pick random item from list' block.

in an order it is

Perhaps adapt this to five quotes

What happens is that I or I have a rhcivo csv, there are only 5 sentences that I want

what have you tried? show us your blocks.

esq que ko que oasa is that I don't have a csv file

Use Notepad to type it up, one line per saying, and split it at \n after reading it to get a list.

Sample file:

It's always wise to parenthasize.
If in doubt, rip it out.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
You can lead a horse to a book but you can't make it read it.

¿So?
jal

Okay, good enough.

So I just save as .csv or .aia?

store your 5 items in a list and use the pick a random item block to display one of the items in a label

Taifun

pero quiero que cambie cada dia en un orden especifico

What am I doing wrong? I want a text to be displayed each day in a specific order so that when the counter reaches text 5 it resets again to the first one, I'm doing it with a timer

Please help me in this app I see that you know too much. What am I doing wrong? I want a text to be displayed each day in a specific order that when the counter reaches text 5 it resets again to the first, I'm doing it with a timer

ayudame en esta app por fvaor veo que sabes algo

¿Qué estoy haciendo mal? Quiero que un texto se muestre cada día en un orden específico que cuando el contador llegue al texto 5 se reinicie otra vez a al primero,lo estoy haciendo con un temporizador

Here is another way to get a different number every day for your list index.

The Clock component knows the day number for today.

There is a math block that can give you the remainder of a number if you divide it by another number like the length of your list of sayings.

That would give you a number in the range 0 up to 4.

Add 1 and you would get a number in the range 1 to 5.

That is a good index for your list.

1 Like

pero como? no entiendo

Let's see what you know about arithmetic.

What is today's date (1-31)?

What is the remainder if you try to divide it by 5?

1 Like

I don't know arithmetic, I already have this model and it works but there is a problem that it only works when I am using it