Help on radio station app

here's the aia could you possible have a look please
playPause2.aia (626.7 KB)

playPause2Testing.aia (627.5 KB)

Perhaps you can do something with this?

ok i'v had my misses test this but still nothing
she's trying it with only the one play pause button

i really hate asking for help but when our App don't work i have to lol

You app works for me using Button1 and Button2. The app plays well using the aia I posted. You have to wait a few seconds after pressing Play for the stream to initialize. Is your Android's volume control turned up?

Your radio stream cannot use the Player.Pause Block. To stop the stream you have to set the Source to an empty text Block.

but how's the stream meant to play when i can't have the stream in BtnPlay box?

You can if you do not use Anke's MyFonts extension. The code works fine using ordinary Buttons.
There is either an issue with how you use MyFonts or the extension does not work how you think it does.

Instead of MyFonts to place a symbol in the Label you might use Material Design icons.

You should have the Player.Source set beforehand as it may take a few seconds to buffer depending on the size of the streamed file and/or its audio format.

This example using material design jpg images works.
PlayerStream.aia (4.9 KB)

Remember, after touching the Play icon your stream will take a few seconds to load.
play_circle_FILL0_wght400_GRAD0_opsz48 (1)

It is not possible to Pause the stream, you have to set the Source to an empty text block.
stop_circle_FILL0_wght400_GRAD0_opsz48
and stop the stream where it is at. :astonished:

as seen here

http://boogie.vside-radio.com:8406/stream or as you wrongly typed the url as http://boogie.vside-radio.com:8406/tream without the s in stream. :cry:

yea typo error lol

tried on my phone but app keeps crashing i'v got version 2.66
is there an update for mit app2

Is this with your Blocks or my posted example?

Do not run my example using Companion; build the apk and install on your phone for better performance. The apk is more stable than the Companion live development.

rite it's still crashing even though i downloaded the apk on my phone

When is it crashing? What exactly happens during the crash?

How fast is your internet? Works fine at at 58 mbs on an Android 13 Samsung A13 cell.

when i press play it crashes sends me out of the screen
and here's my internet speed

I don't know. Have you tried the tutorial described in post #6 Help on radio station app - #6 by SteveJG

The tutorial is about radio streaming without a Player component. There is a discussion about various ways to build a radio streaming app using various other Player components that follows comments about the turorial.

Perhaps the issue is the Player component itself or some of the issues related to Android streaming. Read the articles. It could be the cpu in your cell phone is not as fast as in my cell. I simply do not know.

Your WIFI is fast but not as fast as what I use. The probable could also be issues with your radio stream itself. I had issues using companion using the stock Player with a Companion but they disappeared when compiling. Sorry that did not work for you.

that link leads strait back here? well i'm using this screen now

but trying to stop the music you press coolvibes the music plays just fine
but i can't seem to make a stop button lol for crying out loud!! once the stop button is there i can leave this community and customize the app myself to my liking i'm trying to use button 8 for a stop button

sorry for being a pain but this is the only one that seems to work

No it does NOT, it brings you to the discussion as described. :cry: What is circled in the image I just posted is not a link; you have to use the link in post #6

I'm sorry, I cannot help you with other Player component solutions to your problem. Good luck. Perhaps someone else may have a solution for you.

You could try app inventor radio stream player - Google Search