Help Needed in setting Up my mit app inventor

Hi I am trying to setup my mit app project on local device
using the github page

appinventor % ant
Buildfile: /Users/varunsethi/mitAppInventorOpenSource/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build.xml

all:

init:

MakeWarLibsDir:

common_CommonUtils:

init:

CommonUtils:

common_CommonVersion:

init:

CommonVersion:

components_CommonConstants:

init:

CommonConstants:

WarLibs:

AiSharedLib:
    [javac] Compiling 2 source files to /Users/varunsethi/mitAppInventorOpenSource/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appengine/build/classes/AiSharedLib
    [javac] /Users/varunsethi/mitAppInventorOpenSource/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appengine/src/com/google/appinventor/shared/properties/json/JSONUtil.java:9: error: cannot access StringUtils
    [javac] import com.google.appinventor.common.utils.StringUtils;
    [javac]                                           ^
    [javac]   bad class file: /Users/varunsethi/mitAppInventorOpenSource/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appengine/build/war/WEB-INF/lib/CommonUtils.jar(com/google/appinventor/common/utils/StringUtils.class)
    [javac]     class file has wrong version 65.0, should be 52.0
    [javac]     Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.

BUILD FAILED
/Users/varunsethi/mitAppInventorOpenSource/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build.xml:16: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/varunsethi/mitAppInventorOpenSource/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appengine/build.xml:457: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/varunsethi/mitAppInventorOpenSource/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build-common.xml:131: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Did you do proper cloning using git? What commands did you execute to get the App Inventor sources on your local machine? Did you simply download the repository as zip?

Edit: Check your Java configuration, run java -version and javac -version in your terminal;

1 Like