Help! Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Okay, I am making a Browser app that uses two lists, global bookmarks and history, and uses two list pickers, 'Mark_viewer and Histlist, to show them respectively. But the problem is that from the start-up, the 2 lists are switched. The list pickers show the correct lists, but they do not choose from the correct list when I pick from them. History list shows the history, but chooses one of the bookmarks with the index of the choice that I chose on the hist list and vice versa. I've made sure that I haven't switched anything around, and have double-checked it. Is this a bug in app-inventor or am I missing something?
.Aia file- Browser1.aia (14.6 KB)
Relevent code-

Screenshot of UI (this is not the final version)-

If you are asking for help, I recommend you to make it as easy for others to be able to help you ...
You probably will get more feedback then...

which means in your case post a screenshot of your relevant blocks...

To download the aia file, upload it to App Inventor, open it, do some bug hunting for you, etc... this takes time, and most people will not do that...
Thank you.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

@TIMAI2 and @Taifun I've looked at the code again and I still can't figure out what is wrong. Any suggestions?

Please provide the relevant blocks as an image we do not know what the problem is just from you saying it doesn't work! (noted that in other topics for the same app you have "fixed" it....). Also try to stick to one topic, instead of opening several.

@TIMAI2 I have the relevant blocks up in the post. Do you want me to include less blocks or post a bigger version of the image? And for the other topics, it's been a work in progress (as i add more things, I find other problems).

In which case you blocks will have changed from the ones that you previously posted. Power Users might be good, but they are not mind readers. Provide the relevant blocks and an explanation of what you are trying to achieve and where exactly in the process/workflow your app does not work (including perhaps what you expect to happen).

@TIMAI2 That was this post. That is why I posted this. Everything that is relevant is posted, and I haven't changed the code since I posted it. I stated the problem too.

Looking at your blocks, to make things easier to follow, use two separate notifiers one for history (Mr_Notify) and one for bookmarks (Mr_Notify_2), this will avoid any confusion over the "choice" being made.

@TIMAI2 Thanks Tim ill do that

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.