Help for change IP

Hi friends,

I don't know if it's possible to solve it, I have a dimer I will be in different IPs, as you can see in .aia I have recorded one IP, but if I go to another place, the IP will be different, is it possible to do something so that I can change the IP of the buttons each time I need to? Thank you.

threeButtons.aia (50.6 KB)

these are your blocks currently

Unbenannt

just use a textbox to enter the IP address and use the Textxbox.Text as url
you also can join the ip address using the join block from the text drawer together with the command (/50/on or /00/on or /100/on)

Unbenannt

also you might want to add a Web.GotText event to find out, if the GET request has been successful...

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Tutorials for MIT App Inventor to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun
PS: please do not send me personal messages... please ask in the community... thank you...

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Hello Taifun,

From what you showed me, the idea is simple and very objective to solve my problem, but I have a doubt about which block to use, you tell me to use the text block as a URL, but it doesn't have this option, the label block has to use HTML content, so I'm in doubt about which block I should use and how to configure them, also when adding these dialog box blocks, these will have to have a place in my APP's interface, is that right? See the attached drawing please, I marked the blocks with 1 2 2, and I marked with an arrow if this is how I should do it but multiply it three times? or is just one enough to change the IP of the 3 blocks?
Thank you for your kindness, forgive me for writing directly, I promise not to do that anymore, it's just that I thought this email address had nothing to do with the forum but with a developer outside the forum.

Thank you!

Thanks a lot friend, it worked, I have to understand why in App Inventor I see one thing, and on my cell phone I see another, I don't know if it's because I'm not configuring the device size correctly, or if it's a lack of knowledge in handling the structure. Now I have to try to see, how can I see in which IP the ESP is connected to be able to enter the IP where it is connected, currently I see it in the serial monitor, but I will not always be able to use the ide to see, do you have any tips to guide me in this feeling?
Thank you one more time!

Attach pictute and .aia

Dimer_CK_V2.aia (50.8 KB)

1 Like

I tried to improve the structure to be better visually, I got this one, attached .aia
I appreciate if anyone can give a documentation tip or whatever, to get to know the IP that the ESP32 is without having to see the Arduino IDE.
Thank you!

Dimer_CK_V2.aia (50.8 KB)

the designer is not really WYSIWYG, always use the companion app together with your device to see, how the screen looks like... on another device it might look again a little bit different...

I'm not familiar with the ESP32, probably someone else does have a tip?

Generally if you are asking for help, I recommend you to make it as easy for others to be able to help you ... You probably will get more feedback then...

which means in your case post a screenshot of your relevant blocks...

To download the aia file, upload it to App Inventor, open it, do some bug hunting for you, etc... this takes time, and most people will not do that...
Thank you.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Hi Taifun,

Thanks for your recommendations, I'll try to follow them, I'll also try to delve deeper into the App Inventor documentation, and wait for help from other colleagues and maybe one day share my knowledge with others as well.

Your help has already been a great advance for my knowledge and immediate need, greetings from Brazil.