[HELP] Error while building App Inventor using Vagrant

Hello,
I was building the App Inventor using Vagrant and got following error after running the vagrant up command.

There was an error while executing `VBoxManage`, a CLI used by Vagrant
for controlling VirtualBox. The command and stderr is shown below.

Command: ["startvm", "f97b35e4-539a-423f-b8c9-747c272f4a64", "--type", "headless"]

Stderr: VBoxManage: error: The virtual machine 'ForAppinventor2-bionic64' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1)
VBoxManage: error: Details: code NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005), component MachineWrap, interface IMachine

Vagrant version

Virtual Box version

Host operating system
macOS Mojave

Unfortunately that error message doesn’t have a lot of useful information to go on. If the virtual machine has been created, it should show up in the VirtualBox window. What happens if you try to boot it from there?

Thanks @ewpatton the VM is running now. It was security & permission problem, the following article helped. (Medium Link)

Now what all dependencies do I have to install in the virtual machine to build the app inventor, any guide that I can follow? I checked that the VM does not even have ant, java installed in it.

When you bring up the VM the first time Vagrant should run a bootstrap script. If it seems like none of the dependencies are installed, try running vagrant provision after running vagrant up.

If that doesn’t work, you can also manually run the script by entering the VM with vagrant ssh and then running chmod ../bootstrap.sh && sudo ../bootstrap.sh

vagrant provision worked and the build is successful.
Do you think we should update this command in the Github readme as well? I could create a PR if you are onboard?
Anyway, I am planning to work on this issue. I think it’s a good issue to start with.

If you’d like to adjust the README that’s fine. Generally people shouldn’t need to run the command as it’s run as part of the initial vagrant up. Maybe add a FAQ type section at the end and include it there, as well as a link to what you needed to do to fix the situation with VirtualBox.