Having trouble with function "start at" in text section

i'm trying to get information from scrolled web source code. i could scroll the web source with responseContent. I need only part of this source, and I tried to use "segment" function using "start at" function to find out information i need. But this function, "start at", keeps returning 0 all the time.

Here's my source code. Can someone help with this problem?
pm10.aia (3.1 KB)

See also here (→ point 4):

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

It says starts at gives me 0 if there's not the text, but actually there is a line "mozilla". I wrote similar code block that is sharing the same problem for showing the problem I'm going through. Could you see this one please?

Here's what i did. if I search something, then I get source code for result page.

I want that string inside the red box. so I used segment block using start at block to specify the string I want.

webcode

The line, "div id="result-stats"" was the only one in this web source(and this is the "mozilla" for this codeblock.), no other same line was there. so I wrote this in start at block. nobr was unique, too. I used this to specify the end of the string.

What I want was to make Label4 to show "~~656,000,000~" part. But, it seems all the start at blocks I used are not working: they always give me 0, but there have to be a line I wrote because I copied the exact same part of the web source. And that's really confusing me.

Here's the codeblock:
testee.aia (2.9 KB)

Show the "Do it" result of this:

grafik

Are you searching for amen or the Korean 아멘 ? When I use either word in the search, the div id="result-stats" never appears in the responseContent when I run your aia. So the words cannot be found since they do not appear.

I asked my little brother and solved it.
The website, both Google and Naver is giving different responseContent for different device: computer and phone. And I didn't expect that. Sorry for wasting your time, and Really thank you for your attention because I'm in a real hurry: have to add this till tomorrow. I was really desperate.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.