Have I used the `split.text at` block right?

Hello all,

I was working on adding some enhancements to a basic quizing app, and i used a split.text block. I'm not familiar with this block, so...
Have I used the split.text at block right? ↓

Thanks,

-NetMinderNo.9Apps

Edit: Changed the logic in the 2nd half of the else to = instead of \=. Shouldn't affect the split at block anyway, but otherwise, it doesn't do what it should.

Edit: Changed AnswerTextbox.enabled to AnswerTextbox.text. and added select item in list block to the split at block.

How can anyone be able to answer ttat question without knowing the value of Score.Text?

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

1 Like

That circled part looks wrong.
Maybe .Text instead of .Enabled?
1c6932353e15b9ea5538985ddf94728b5cf14977_2_526x500

2 Likes

You are using the result of split wrong.
You are using it as a number (Score), but it is a list.
Score should be extracted (select list item) as item 1 of the resulting list.

Better yet, keep three Labels in a Horizontal Arrangement,

• Score
  • '/'
  • number of questions

to avoid all that.

1 Like

@ABG I should do something like this↓

@Taifun The value of score.text should be a number (eg. 1) out the index of the current list (eg. 3). For instance, it should start out as 0/3.

That should work, given a proper starting value in the Score.Text, like '0/whatever"

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.