GSoC Applicant Questions & Report About the Issue With MIT App Inventor GSoC Form

Hello, I am Maria Chemerys, an MIT App Inventor GSoC 2024 applicant. Currently, I am studying at Apple Developer Academy in Italy to become a professional iOS developer. Nice to meet you :slight_smile:

Firstly, I need to tell you that the form named GSoC '24 with MIT App Inventor from Contributor Guidance does not work. There is a message "The Goggle Summer of Code 2023 application deadline has passed. Good luck next year."

Secondly, I wanted to share with you my strategy for MIT App Inventor exploration and ask the questions I have so far. I have built an app using MIT App Inventor, tested it on my device, and started reading the documentation. In the upcoming days, I am going to set up the environment and try solving the "help wanted" issues. My questions are the following:

1. Should I contact someone before trying to solve an issue?
  2. There are two projects in the Projects List that interest me the most. When selecting an issue to work on, which factors should be prioritised (for example, the connection with the projects I'm interested in, the issue's recency or difficulty)?

Hello. This is the correct place to ask your questions. I just posted information about GSoC here: Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2024 - #2

GSoC is not open for proposals until March 18, so our application form is also not open yet. I will change the message to make that clear.

Thank you)

1 Like