Google Play:Violation of Repetitive Content policy

Hi,
many my free apps on Google Play have been suspended and removed from Google Play due to a policy violation.

Issue: Violation of Repetitive Content policy
We don't allow apps that merely provide the same experience as other apps already on Google Play. Apps should provide value to users through creation of unique content or services.

I don't know Why.
Is It possible beacause there is "appinventor.ai_" in the package name or someting similar? I'm a magician that use my original ideas for my magical apps.
Is It a A.I. wrong interpretation?
Thanks

We do not know what criteria Google Play uses to determine if there is a violation of Google's Repetitive Content policy. You as a developer should contact Google and see what you can do to reinstate your apps. You need to convince them. They should provide an explanation.

It would seem that there is more to this than the package name but it could be arbitrary decision based on the apps name or the description the developer provides describing the app when they list their app.

Please discuss with Google. When you receive an answer, please post the response here so that all may benefit from your experience. Wish you luck and perhaps it will get fixed like magic!

Here is a link to Google's policy (which they just updated this month) https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/10177647?hl=en&visit_id=637390532683913951-2419622076&rd=1 and what they say

Repetitive Content

We don't allow apps that merely provide the same experience as other apps already on Google Play. Apps should provide value to users through the creation of unique content or services.

Here are some examples of common violations:

• Copying content from other apps without adding any original content or value.
  • Creating multiple apps with highly similar functionality, content, and user experience. If these apps are each small in content volume, developers should consider creating a single app that aggregates all the content.

Another developer's appeal experience ... yes you can appeal https://android.jlelse.eu/google-just-terminated-my-google-play-publisher-account-in-one-hour-after-10-years-of-loyal-service-7e3185c217b

I’ve had 14 apps on the Play Store for over 6 years. Three of my apps were recently suspended / removed (overnight and without prior warning) (allegedly a violation of Google’s “Repetitive Content” Policy).

I filed a complaint immediately. It took about 4 days for Google to respond and admit that my complaint (with slight restrictions) is legitimate. One app was then approved / listed again. As for the other apps, I’m still negotiating with Google (but they are playing deaf right now, I’ll turn to the next higher level).

I assume that my apps fell victim to a new Google algorithm that was activated more or less randomly. Despite multiple inquiries, Google was unable to explain what exactly are / were the criteria that my apps did not meet.

With two of these apps, I made more than 60,000 € in sales. So Google also earned quite well. Strange times …

2 Likes