Google map, Web Viewer, start navigation and klm file... Need help please

Hi all ,

On the first i hope that i'm in the good forum.

I have a little question and i need little helps please. I made a screen on app inventor to show markers on google map with Webviewer and he work awesome . this is my block.

And this is the screeshoot that i have on the phone :

My question is: When i click on the marker, I receive the information well, but i would like ,I would just like that when I click on a marker, I could have the possibility to get google map to launch the navigation and if possible in the same window
Can anyone help me please.

For information, the markers are on a KML file.

Thank you in advance for your help

There are probable issues attempting to do what you want to do with the map @Saf_Saf described here>https://www.google.com/intl/en-US_US/help/terms_maps/ unless you own the kml file. If you own the kml then you possibly could use it with the MIT Map control instead of GoogleEarth.

1. License. As long as you follow these Terms, the Google Terms of Service give you a license to use Google Maps/Google Earth, including features that allow you to:
  2. view and annotate maps;
  3. create KML files and map layers; and
  4. publicly display content with proper attribution online, in video, and in print.For more details about specific things that you’re permitted to do with Google Maps/Google Earth, please see the Using Google Maps, Google Earth, and Street View permissions page.
  5. Prohibited Conduct. Your compliance with this Section 2 is a condition of your license to use Google Maps/Google Earth. When using Google Maps/Google Earth, you may not (or allow those acting on your behalf to):
  6. redistribute or sell any part of Google Maps/Google Earth or create a new product or service based on Google Maps/Google Earth (unless you use the Google Maps/Google Earth APIs in accordance with their terms of service);
  7. copy the content (unless you are otherwise permitted to do so by the Using Google Maps, Google Earth, and Street View permissions page or applicable intellectual property law, including "fair use");
  8. mass download or create bulk feeds of the content (or let anyone else do so);
  9. use Google Maps/Google Earth to create or augment any other mapping-related dataset (including a mapping or navigation dataset, business listings database, mailing list, or telemarketing list) for use in a service that is a substitute for, or a substantially similar service to, Google Maps/Google Earth; or
  10. use any part of Google Maps/Google Earth with other people's products or services for or in connection with real-time navigation or autonomous vehicle control, except through a specific Google-provided feature such as Android Auto.
1 Like

Thank's @ SteveJG

To answer, yes it's my kml file.

I used a different method to display my google map, but unfortunately I have two small problems with this new method.

The map displays very well but you don't know where you are with Web Viewer, but the user's position displays very well when you use a browser like chrome for example.

Then, when we want to launch the navigation, I have this error message with Web Viewer :
net::err_unknown_url_scheme

You are now using My Maps. Great you got that partially working. There might be advice available
at Google Maps Community or try the following. I have not tried it.

Driving Directions Using Google My Maps - YouTube

](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLAvI1mg38k)

1 Like

Thank you very much but it doesn't answer my questions about displaying the map in the Web Wiewer and about the error: err_unknown_url_scheme....

:cry: without your code example showing how you try to 'launch navigation' no one can even guess other than this is a WebViewer capability issue.

Realize the WebVIewer is not a full featured browser. Your app might require using ActivityStarter to bring up your default browser or you might try one of the WebVIewer extensions instead of working with the WebVIewer.

I'm sorry but the code exemple if on my first thread :

I'm not an expert that you , that is why I am asking for a little help please.

I have done a lot of research on your forum, google and youtube, but I haven't found anything concrete for a simple operation like mine.

Indeed, as you say, I must be missing some elements, but I don't know which one. If you just have a link or a tuto to follow, that would be great.

Your comments indicate the probable issue is with the WebViewer. It is probably not possible to use the WebViewer with your app and use the My Map built in functions. Sorry, what you are attempting is NOT a simple operation. Complex code behind the scenes are required.

No one can test your url but you. The link is incomplete.missingURL . But you can test by using the full url in your browser. If you use the url in the browser, do you get a navigate response that works? :slight_smile:

Also donotdothis . this code snippet it not correct. What are you trying to do. (this doesn't have anything to do with your navigation issues)