Get a certain column from an api

I have an api created about different activities.
I have a screen with all those activities on a list picker, but it only show the basic info about them. And i want that when you click on one activity, in the next screen it shows you all the info, but how can I code where to put each column?

If u need a photo just ask for it : )

Please provide a more detailed explanation of what you are trying to achieve,
what you have done so far, what works, what doesn’t work…

Please show your relevant blocks,
if relevant, your data or lists,
screenshots of the Designer screen or app in action,
so we can see what you are trying to do…

Right Click in Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”
for the best image of your blocks.

Okay so I’m trying to do an app that shows the activities, for helping the environment, that are available around your city.
So when you enter the App you sign in as a user(that works) and then you go to Activities and it shows you a list of all the activities that have been created(The activities api has the following columns: id; name; description; datetime; location; maxpersons; minage: participants) The part that shows a list with all the activities also works.
But in that part it only shows the name, date and time of the activity, so that when you click on the activity it changes the screen where it shows you all of the information, but i don’t know how to “tell” which is the activity you clicked on before so that in the new screen shows the information about the correct activity.

This is where it shows all the activities(the design)

This is how you see it from the mobile phone.

This are the blocks that i used

This is how I want it to look like.

A much better way to ask a question ! :slight_smile:

Do I understand your data comes in looking like this:

a,b,c,d,e : f,g,h,i,j : k,l,m,n,o : and so on…

Each row in your list rows contains all the data for each event.
When you select an event from the listview you can use that selection.index to return all the data.
The way you have the data set up you would need to split at , and assign each value to your detailed view for the event.

It appears you are using another screen to display this, so you will need to store this row data in a tinydb or set it as a start value.

You can avoid this by using arrangements as virtual screens

But how will it know which list has the user picked so that in the next screen it shows all the info left from that event that has been chosen?

The selection index from the listview should be the same as the index for the row in rows

But I mean, in the list you have Activity1 and Activity2 so imagine i click on Activity2
in the next screen it should show the info about that activity, and if i go back and click on Activity1 it should show me the info about activity1.
So how would I tell with code, which is the one I clicked on so that it shows me the info about that activity. With the id?

Here is a simple example on one screen

showActivityAgatha.aia (3.3 KB)

But how would it be in 2 different screens and using the api?

The data is the same (?) just coming from a different place. you already have the blocks for that.

I have already advised how to transfer the data to another screen. (but also advised that additional screens may not be necessary)

Okay I have already transferred the data that was is screen1(name and datetime), but in the screen2 I don’t know how to access the data, because when I put the url with the column I want it prints me in the label the url, not the value

??? this doesn't make any sense, with regard to what you should be doing ?

Already solved it!!!
Thank you so so so much for your help <3

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.