Gathering Photos of Fish in Africa for Food Security

Hi all, due to COVID causing fieldwork to be very challenging, I need help making an app to gather photos of fish from struggling subsistence fishers in Africa.

The app needs prompt the user to hold the camera pointing at the catch and guide them around it while the app takes a series of about 10 images. Perhaps an on-screen arrow using data from the IMU could help. Then I just need each batch of images compressed with time and GPS metadata and uploading to ftp when there is a 3G or 4G signal available.

I have a small amount of funds to try and do this. I'm currently trying myself using the MIT software but haven't had much luck so far.

Thanks in advance for any response or suggestions,

Matt.

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for the message, can you please let me know whether you have your own server to upload the images.
Sincerely,
Vimal

1 Like

Hi!

Sorry I missed your message! Yes I do!

I tried to do this in Unity (and failed miserably)

Now trying here :smiley:

I'm not a coder but have experience in design and video animation from a past life!

Hi,
We will make the App, can you please send me the aia file of the App that you have made in App Inventor, my contact details are as mentioned in the link below,
[mod edit - personal information removed - again! Use the private messaging system on the community]
Sincerely,
Vimal

Hi Vimal,

That's really kind of you!

Sorry the mod removed the link!

Best,

Matt.

Vimal/@Air_Palace can send you a private message on the community, if you are unable to send him one....

We are protecting you both :wink:

2 Likes

Hi,
Not a problem, Thanks, I will send the messages here.
Sincerely,
Vimal

Hi,
Can you please send me the aia file of the App that you have made in App Inventor. We will go through it and make the necessary changes.
Sincerely,
Vimal

Thanks! Do you know anyone who can help me?
Best,
Matt.