Game mode selection

It is the wrongest of all the wrong possibilities.

The TinyDB component dies when you cross screens (though the database file is still there if the new screen were to contain its own TinyDB component with the same NameSpace.)

To fix it, add a TinyDB1 to screen ScoreDB, decide on a tag in TinyDB like 'scores' for your scores, and store the scores there in the first screen for the second screen to look them up when the second screen needs them.

Don't bother passing anything as start value, just use common TinyDB tags.

why this error is coming ? not able to figure it out.... (this occurs whenever i try to input a new name in the list)

this one also.... (this occurs whenever i try to input a name that is already in the list)

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

basically i'm trying to make a trivia game (ques and their choices will be edited..as of now i am only trying to run with lesser ques :sweat_smile:)

Where exactly are those blocks?
Taifun

Your list is not a list
Why do you add \n while storing the list? This makes it as list unusable

Remove the \n to store the list as list, clear TinyDB and try again

Also a better name for the list names would be listNames...

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Also you should switch screens correctly...

Taifun

tried this....but not working, running into the same error(s) again

You have to clear TinyDB
Then try again and post a screenshot of your updated relevant blocks

Please also use Do it to debug your blocks yourself
Taifun

when i clear the tinydb it takes value but whenever i try to enter value without clearing, the same error occurs

Also show us a Do it result of that block you are getting the error from

Taifun

Pleas use Do it and show us the Do it result

Taifun

need a little help here....why these blocks end up showing this error.. any solution block for this or where i have to make changes ?

Show the output of just the responseContent

The Elements property of a listpicker or listview is only able to accept lists... you are trying to assign the string "not found", which obviously will not work

Taifun

thanku so much buddy it worked.... not showing an error now.
but now how to print the answer choices as it only takes up "or if not found" value
if i assign an empty list there, it shows clear list..... how to assign and print the answer values ?

It depends on the data
Unfortunately we do not know, how the data looks like...

Taifun