[Free] Youtube Video Downloader

YouTube Downloader Extension Documentation

Overview

The YouTube Downloader extension allows you to download YouTube videos directly from your Android application. With this extension, you can easily integrate YouTube video downloading functionality into your MIT App Inventor projects.

Installation

1. Download the Extension: Download the YouTube Downloader extension AIX file from the following link:
    YouTubeDownloader (3).aix (8.3 KB)

Blocks usage

Get Video Download URL

Use the GetVideoDownloadUrl method to initiate the download process for a YouTube video. This method takes the video URL as input and triggers an event when the download URL is obtained.

Event: Got Video Download Info

The GotVideoDownloadInfo event is triggered when the video download URL, quality, and file name are obtained successfully. You can handle this event to further process the download information.

Event: Download Error

The DownloadError event is triggered if an error occurs during the download process. You can handle this event to display error messages or take appropriate action.

Example App

We have provided an example app to demonstrate how to use the YouTube Downloader extension in your projects. You can download the example app APK from the following link: [Example App Aia]:
ytvideo.aia (9.6 KB)

Example Blocks

6 Likes

Thank you for your contribution

As we can see, ChatGPT is great in documentation, this looks very professional... however you also should read what ChatGPT has written and correct the errors before publishing it here...

Are you able to find the error yourself?

Taifun

1 Like

Downloading video's from YouTube is not allowed according to their TOS.

You are not allowed to [...] access, reproduce, download, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, alter, modify or otherwise use any part of the Service or any Content except: (a) as expressly authorized by the Service; or (b) with prior written permission from YouTube and, if applicable, the respective rights holders.

https://www.youtube.com/static?gl=US&template=terms

2 Likes

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/thread/231071659/are-youtube-or-any-social-downloads-apps-are-legals-or-not?hl=en

In general, it is illegal to download videos from YouTube or other social media platforms without the permission of the copyright holder. However, there are some exceptions. For example, it is legal to download videos for personal, non-commercial use. Additionally, some social media platforms, such as YouTube, allow users to download videos for offline viewing.

So it is legal to download videos for personal, non-commercial use.
I myself and others download videos to watch them later without the internet.

Make sure to edit the docs as Taifun mentioned :slight_smile:

1 Like

Then why there Too Many Youtube Video Downloader Online and Apps. Isn't It illegal? THERE ARE A LOT IF YOU WANT TO USE THEN You can Use in your app.

1 Like

Exactly, that is why I quoted it is legal if you download videos for personal, non-commercial use...
And do not "SHOUT" in the community...

Now documentation Is Good or not?

good.

I want to make an app for older Android versions (for example, Android 4.0) that plays YouTube videos.
Can I use it? It will be just a Screen with TextBox and VideoPlayer.

Btw what's the type of response from the server? It's a mp4 file or a site? (I will set the response as VideoPlayer media)

It is Video Url and You can use video player or Webview to play it and download it using Extension to download a file to ASD (app-specific directory) without WRITE permission

1 Like

Hmm... Not working.

EDIT: Sorry, this was my problem. I used math + block to join two strings :joy:. I didn't use App Inventor for a while, probably that's why.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

removed solution marker and reopened this thread