[FREE] SMS Reader Extension

Description

Extension to get all SMS messages from phone. This extension contains READ_SMS permission so be careful while using this extension in your apps while publishing them on Play Store. Google may reject your app if used without proper declaration of its use.

Permission used: android.permission.READ_SMS

Blocks

Instructions to use extension

Check if permission is granted if not then request permission before getting messages. PermissionRequested event will return true if granted.

Get all messages asynchronously from phone and returns list of senders, messages and time stamp.

Get all messages asynchronously for a given sender.

Preview

Download

com.thekstudio.SMSReader.aix (8.8 KB)

Message.aia (86.0 KB)

6 Likes

Thank you for your contribution
Please follow the naming conventions...

isPermissionGranted -> IsPermissionGranted
requestPermissions-> RequestPermission

Taifun

1 Like

UPDATED

Fixed naming.
Added Get Conversation function.

1 Like

Hello !!
What is the latest Android version your App works on ? I tried Android 13 but i don't see the sms in your App. I see it when it arrives on the phone but not in your App.

I do see 1 or 2 and some times 3 old text messages when i click on the ListView and only after i click on "Request Permission".

Thank you,

Carlos

Any ideas on how to read sms in Android 13? or any other old Android version ? I will look for an old Android phone with the version you recommend works with your Read SMS Extension.

Thanks !!

Try App Inventor Extensions: Texting | Pura Vida Apps
Taifun

I have not tested this on different android version but if you grant required permission it will work.

Thank you.

Tested yours and The_K_Studio and both worked fine but how come both Apps only read some of the senders ? Is there any restriction on what Text Messages not to read?

Carlos