[Free] 📸 Screenshot Service Extension

Description

The Screenshot Service Extension is able to capture a screenshot while your app is not running.
Minimum API level is 21 (Android 5).
For details, example projects and documentation see here https://puravidaapps.com/screenshotservice.php

What does the user see?

After starting the service the capturing app will display the following "ugly" dialog to the user depending on the Android version... (below Android 10 this dialog is less ugly :wink: )

ugly

The user must tap "Start Now" and a permanent notification will be displayed in the status bar for the user to start capturing a screenshot or shutdown the service.
notification

Example Blocks

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

22 Likes

Wow, that's a much needed extension @Taifun :heart_eyes: :+1:

1 Like

Great extension :+1:

1 Like

Best extension from great developer :star_struck:

2 Likes

How take Automatically every 5 second
Or
Any method to take screenshot like your screenshot extension in https://puravidaapps.com/screenshot.php

the extension currently does not offer that feature and I do not have plans to add this...
Taifun

Request To add this feature

from the documentation App Inventor Extensions: Screenshot Service | Pura Vida Apps

For feature requests please contact me by email. To be a sponsor of a new method already is possible starting from only 10 USD! With your contribution you will help the complete App Inventor community. Thank you.

Taifun

2 Likes

Wow really nice and easy to use extension :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hi
Please tell
can i add this for a floating icon

By clicking the icon - capture screen

no
please read the description of the extension to understand, how the extension is working
you might want to use the normal screenshot extension App Inventor Extensions: Take Screenshot | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

1 Like

I think you might wanna remove it :sweat_smile:
btw great work !

done
thank you
Taifun

1 Like

hello,
how can i save to camera's gallery? .. i tried the path as DCIM >> read only error !, tried DCIM/Camera >> directory not found ... any idea?

Copy the taken image from ASD to shared directory

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Screenshot service extension

Halo sir I have use screenshot service extension it's good , but I need semple function option in take screenshot so please update a semple function

To take a screenshot directly, use the screenshot extension

Taifun

But this extension only gives screenshot of own app.

What he wants is to hide/dismiss notification tray after clicking on Capture button in notification.

What exactly is a semple function option? I never heard of this... please elaborate, what exactly you are looking for. Thank you.

Taifun