[FREE] Custom List Picker and Choice Picker Extension

Description

Custom List Picker shows different types of list picker dialog to pick a list item with customization of list picker dialog.

It is different from inbuilt list picker component, list picker component shows list items in a new activity/screen with less customization where custom list picker shows a dialog and you can customize its appearance.

This extension provides two separate aix files.

1. Custom List Picker which shows a customizable list picker dialog.

2. Choice Picker which shows single choice picker dialog and multi choice picker dialog.

1. Custom List Picker

Blocks

Preview

Download

Custom List Picker Aix V1: com.thekstudio.CustomListPicker.aix (18.9 KB)

2. Choice Picker

Blocks

Preview
Single Choice Picker

Multi Choice Picker

Download

Choice Picker Aix V1: com.thekstudio.ChoicePicker.aix (19.1 KB)

Note: It doesn't work with App Inventor Classic theme. Use theme other than Classic theme.

13 Likes

Switching from using dark theme to default theme causes a dark background with black text ?

Can you add FontSize ?

can you add section height ?

1 Like

Yes because we are not setting background color for default theme so when you first show dark theme and switch to default theme it takes background color of dark theme. If you are trying in companion then you need to refresh it before switching.

This is not a bug, but just experimental thing.

Yes, I will add.

Do you mean, height of each list item section?

1 Like

Yes (irrespective of font size) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for testing and suggestions. I will try!

1 Like

Irrespective of font size? Ideally it should adjust item height as per the item font size. I have managed to do this.

1 Like

Thank you for your contribution
A probably better name for the SetList property might be Elements, similar to the default listpicker...
Also you might consider to add an ElementsFromString property

Elements

Specifies the list of choices to display.

ElementsFromString

Set the list of choices from a string of comma-separated values.

Taifun

3 Likes

Thanks for your suggestions. I will do this!

1 Like

UPDATED

Added properties to set:

1. Font size,
  2. Item height (set 0 for automatic),
  3. Font bold,
  4. Elements from string,
  5. Renamed SetList to Elements.
  6. AfterPicking event will now return both selection and selection index.

Added getter properties

Suggest any new functions or modifications.

3 Likes

UPDATED

Added dialog height property to set custom dialog height in pixels. Set 0 for automatic.

Upcoming Feature: Multiple choice list picker dialog!

2 Likes

UPDATED

3 Likes

That was awesome, I love this extension. :heart_eyes:

maybe in the future you can add a TextDialog where the TextBox can be customized and can be added as much as needed.

I think it might be easier if you develop it from an existing component in ai2 so it will be more efficient :grin: :+1:

blocks (1)

2 Likes

Thanks buddy. For showing Text dialog, DaffyDialog extension is already there. My extension focuses on list picker.

1 Like

Oh okay then, I hope in the future there will be an extension that focuses on TextDialog made by you :wink:

2 Likes

@The_K_Studio
I get this error with the app already installed.

1 Like

See this.

You need to change your app theme other than Classic.

3 Likes

It works perfectly, thank you very much @The_K_Studio

3 Likes

Updated: As requested by some user.

2 Likes

Ugh.. I am not a fan of the other themes. I do like this extension and am building an app with it but I sure do wish there was a fix for this. The color schemes of the other themes is messing me up!

I did see that some users are requesting features.. something that would help me without having to change the Theme would be to have a way to change the text color of the hints in a text box.. is this possible?

I also notice that the Title Bar has changed when I use this extension. Any way to edit the text size?

Hi, for which dialog you are trying to set theme colors?

1 Like